birding-aus

Hillarys (Perth) Pelagic - Rescheduled to Sunday 27th August

To: birdswa email list <>
Subject: Hillarys (Perth) Pelagic - Rescheduled to Sunday 27th August
From: "Frank O'Connor" <>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 18:19:45 +0800

The pelagic trip for this Sunday has been cancelled due to the forecast 4m to 5m swell. The trip has been rescheduled to Sunday 27th August. People on the trip will have first preference, but there will be places available. If you are interested, then please contact me by Tuesday evening so that I can make a decision and book the boat.

BTW, the weather is interesting. There is a front due tonight / early tomorrow morning with a strong wind warning (forecast of 30 knots in the morning). But the forecast for tomorrow is for only 2m swell and 2m seas. For Sunday, the winds will be OK (13 to 18 knots), but the conditions will have deteriorated to 4 to 5m swell, and 2m seas. The waves must be being pushed up from the Southern Ocean. Pity, as I was hoping that the conditions for Sunday would be excellent with the water temperature finally reduced to about 19C (23C on the June trip), and south west winds rather than all the NE and NW winds we have been having recently.