birding-aus

Decent Palehead Rosella pics in royal park (melbourne) and swifts spotte

Subject: Decent Palehead Rosella pics in royal park (melbourne) and swifts spotted again (two this time)
From: Matthew <>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 17:52:31 +1000
ok this is last I'm gonna post on Pale Headed Rosellas in Royal Park unless I see a whole flock of em! Got a good look this time and took some nice pics...
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~laconic26/gallery.html

Saw a couple of superb fairy wrens for the first time, have heard them before but first time spotted, on the top of the hill near the seat following the train line going toward Kensington.
not great pic though was getting dark...
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~laconic26/mypic15.jpg
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~laconic26/mypic16.jpg

And just as I was finishing my walk I spied two Swift Parrots, heard their call as they were on the wing, watched them land in an oak tree between park st and royal park train station on the tram path through the golf course (same general area as other sightings)got a good look in the noculars, went to pull my camera out and they took off again.