birding-aus

Grey-headed lapwing in the media

To: <>
Subject: Grey-headed lapwing in the media
From: "Overs, Anthony (REPS)" <>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 13:21:49 +1000
Hi all

I hope everyone's getting to see the lapwing!

A friend of a friend got me on the ABC radio in Canberra yesterday to
talk about the bird and our trip to see it. A great interview, raising
the profile of birders, and the lengths we will go to for something
unusual.

The producer later got the owner of the Burren Junction servo on the
line for a chat on air. His name is Brett Stephens. He talked about his
town and the recent influx of visitors! Pop in and say hello when you
are there.

Cheers
Anthony