birding-aus

city Red-rumps

Subject: city Red-rumps
From: "Damien Farine" <>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 09:41:56 +1000
I've had the joy of watching a group of red-rumps arrive across the road from my place in Wollongong City around October of last year. The group at the time consisted of 6 or 7 birds who seemed to have taken residence in some trees bordering the golf course, amidst the mynahs, starlings and wattlebirds! They've been holding their own for the past 6 months and their number has increased to 10! However a new building being built about 10 metres from their trees may put an end to their stay before long :(

Such is life..
Damien