birding-aus

Grey Grasswren

To: Birding-aus <>
Subject: Grey Grasswren
From: "John Leonard" <>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 07:43:10 +1000
I went on a trip to the Sturt NP in far nw NSW last October and visited the
Adelaide Gate site for the Grey Grasswrens. The area around this was not in
drought and there was a good range of lignum from dry and dead-looking to
very green. However, despite almost a day's searching no GGs were observed.

The problem with this site is that this is simply the most southerly point
of an extensive swamp and the GGs may not visit the extremities of the this
swamp very frequently. I suspect you would probably have to search the swamp
several kms further to the north, in Qld.

And around Sept last year it was extensively discussed on Birding Aus that
Onepah was not accessible.

John Leonard