birding-aus

Sunbird in the Blue Mountains?

Subject: Sunbird in the Blue Mountains?
From: "Evan Beaver" <>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 19:51:02 +1000
Mum's a pretty good birder and was partially responsible for me getting
serious about my birding. She got a great look and is absolutely certain,
vivid yellow and a sheeny-black bib.
The sighting was in Blaxland in the Blue Mountains, inspecting a Hawthorn
just outside the kitchen window. I might spend some time over there in the
next few days and see if I can find it. Do they make much noise? It'd be
excellent if there was a pair of them.
Evan