birding-aus

BROWN HEADED HONEYEATER

To: "birding aus" <>
Subject: BROWN HEADED HONEYEATER
From: "crompton" <>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 14:12:40 +1000
Hi all, Yesterday went to the Royal National Park,in southern Sydney and walked
the length of Lady Carrington Drive. Saw some good birds including Rockwarbler
( a first for me and a species i have been searching for for years,even though
everybody else seems to pick it up quite easily! ), Rose Robin, lots of Golden
Whistlers and Large billed Scrubwren. Bird numbers seemed to be down . Winter
perhaps ? No Black faced Monarchs, Because of winter Migration?
On the drive up from audley on my way home, I pulled over on the side of the
road just short of the entrance to observe a group of birds and to my suprise
identified a group of Brown Headed Honeyeaters, a new bird for me and one i
have never before observed in either the area or National park,Has anybody else
observed this bird in the Royal?
regards G.Crompton