birding-aus

Your birding vehicle

To: "Messages Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Your birding vehicle
From: "Bob Forsyth" <>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 17:56:58 +1000
Trevor Hampel wrote

extract
 Since 2000 we've had a Mazda Bravo crew cab.
The MAZDA BRAVO suits our needs perfectly. And that's the whole point.
Buy what you can afford that suits your needs.

I have a Bravo (Diesel) twin Cab
Heaps of room in the back seat area to securely store
- Cameras,
- GPS,
- Tripod,
- Field Guides
- etc etc etc etc
- dog, or even the occasional human passenger

I have a canopy over the Ute back to store the odd item such as -
- jerry cans, (fuel & water)
- stove, amp & LPG bottles
- spare spare tyre (The side walls stake easily !)
- shovel,
- axe,
- saw
- hand-winch,
- 70 m steel rope
- ordinary rope
- snatchum strap
- electric air pump
- wooden planks
- 3 jacks
- water
- swag
- dog (unless it using the rear seat !)

Yes, I do go off-road a lot
Yes, I do use 4wd a lot
Yes, I do use low ratio a lot .. especially in sand and eroded old exploration tracks.

I was seeking a Toyota Hi Lux Twin Cab, but a suitable 2nd hand Mazda presented itself.
4wd Twin Cabs are the way to go !

Regards from
Bob Forsyth
Mount Isa, NW Qld.