birding-aus

Re: [Fwd: [BIRDING-AUS] RFI Important Bird Areas (IBA)]

To: birding-aus <>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: [BIRDING-AUS] RFI Important Bird Areas (IBA)]
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 09:49:35 +1100

Thanks to everyones comments on my query re IBAs. I was just curious as to what was happening since I read about the 12 Northern Qld IBAs over a year ago on a website.

Cheers
Marnix

Chris Brandis <>
Sent by:

31/01/2006 09:45 PM
Please respond to
Chris Brandis <>

birding-aus <>
cc
Subject
[Fwd: [BIRDING-AUS] RFI Important Bird Areas (IBA)]
  Classification

The Bird Interest Group of NSW and ACT, the birding clubs of NSW and ACT with BA etc, are into the 2 nd year of developing IBAs for NSW through Stephen Garnett and BA with a permanent position being funded to progress them in Australia over the next 2 years.  Any assistance in meeting the criteria of Birdlife International for an IBA would always be of assistance.
Cheers  Chris