birding-aus

Orange Chat - still present Sunday morning (& photo)

To: Bruce Cox <>, Murray Lord <>, <>
Subject: Orange Chat - still present Sunday morning (& photo)
From: David Stowe Photography <>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 21:05:58 +1100
Hi all.
I am certainly no Chat expert (this one is the first Orange Chat I have seen) but I definitely agree with Bruce about the possibility of it being a sub adult male. My photo is certainly of the same bird as the one that Nevil Lazarus photographed, but I do also think that Murrays photo is of the same bird too rather than a different one. There does seem to be the same black feathers on the RHS of the face – Nevil’s shot shows the face from slighlty further around and with more fluffing of the feathers than Murrays but looking closely I reckon the black marks match up.
Certainly not at all doubting what you saw Bruce but I couldn’t pick these dark feathers through the bins – only on zooming in photos later on.
What is the consensus then?

Cheers
David Stowe