birding-aus

Superb Fairy-wren with black wings

To: <>
Subject: Superb Fairy-wren with black wings
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 18:43:32 +1100
Hello All,

I regret that my private comments to Paul (below), appear to have found their way back to everyone on the list. I did NOT intend that to happen. I had no suggestion that the theory was of Paul's making and I make no direct statement as to whose idea it is, because I don't know. For what it is worth, I think John Walmsey or Walmsley or whatever, has done a lot of good work in the field of building protective environments in particular for small native mammals and having thereby having shown the devastating impact of cats and foxes on small native mammals. Having said that, the same hardly applies to Fairy-wrens that still maintain a high population even in the presence of cats, currawongs, etc.

Philip