birding-aus

HAWKESBURY BIRDS

To: "birdingaus" <>
Subject: HAWKESBURY BIRDS
From: "Keith Brandwood" <>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 07:38:13 +1000
Hello everyone, been off line with PC glitch for past week apologise for those who were trying to contact me.
There as been a few good birds in this period and Pitt Town Lagoon is looking like a mini Kakadu at the moment with 500+ Straw-necked Ibis roosting there each night, looks fantastic in the sunset. There is also a beautiful adult Spotted Harrier there and 3 Swamp Harriers roosting there also. Sat having my usual malt on the back lawn last night when a Little Raven landed in a iron bark, a rare bird for here unmistakable call and flipping of wings at each call.At Bakers there are 5or 6 Swamp Harriers coming in to roost at sunset each night., and there was a Black Falcon, another rare bird for here, being harrassed by 3 Black -shouldered Kites over Bushells Lagoon a week ago.

keith b the beautiful Hawkesbury 60km N/W of Sydney