birding-aus

Possums and cats

To: "Val Ford" <>, <>
Subject: Possums and cats
From: "Dam Lamb" <>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 09:09:42 +1000
Val,
     I fear your daughter-in-law has wasted her money , and I would agree with your concerns re. the impact of the cats on wildlife (this is well documented).
     We have had a couple of generations of Mountail Brushtails sharing our back verandah and loo for many years, especially during the breeding season when mum regularly turns-up with young on back. Our daughter and her family (which includes two cats) have lived with us on and off over this period. Let me tell you, it makes no difference to our possums that cats are sharing their space, they aren't put-off at all.
      I haven't yet found a way of solving the wee problem, other than to wash-off the urine first thing every morning.

Russ Lamb, Maleny, SEQ