birding-aus

Matcham on NSW Central Coast

To: <>, <>
Subject: Matcham on NSW Central Coast
From: "Edwin Vella" <>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 20:52:45 +1000
One ought to look out for Superb Fruit-doves at this spot along Malina Rd,
near Gosford (about 80 km north of Sydney CBD) where they have been recorded
in the area during the winter. Always good for Regent Bowerbirds (I have had
30 -40 on a few occasions) during the winter and it is also good for Emerald
Doves (I have seen 3 at one time) and White-headed Pigeons (my max. count of
70 one morning) and Catbirds can be common.

I notice a lot of privet in fruit when I was at Prospect Reservoir last
weekend which always attracts loads of Blackbirds, Bulbuls, Starlings,
Silvereyes amongst other birds.

Edwin