birding-aus

birding location for melbourne

Subject: birding location for melbourne
From: "Tim Shawcross" <>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 08:18:17 +0000
I was wondering if some people can suggest some good birding locations in north east melbourne, or near by.

So far I've been to Banyule Flats, Jumping Creek Reserve, Birrarung/Banksia/Yarra Flats (all in the yarra flats area along the yarra) as well as Kinglake National Park and Toolangi State Forest.

I'm looking for areas that have a wide variety of species to photograph.

Travelling up to two or so hours out of town isn't an issue, so suggestions like Kinglake etc are great.

tim