birding-aus

RFI Hobart - Photography sites

To: Brian Fleming <>
Subject: RFI Hobart - Photography sites
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 18:14:14 +1100

Anthea just beat me to the punch!

I'm heading to Tasmania next week, and would like to know any good spots for photographing the endemics.

Is anyone able to suggest  public gardens, schoolyards, reserves etc where the endemics can be seen and are use to human activity?

Also, are there spots with good lighting (or opens spaces) where some of the more rainforest habitat type birds can be seen (scrubtit, pink robin, tasmanian scrubwren, olive whistler).

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Peter

Brian Fleming <>
Sent by:

07/02/2005 06:05 PM

"" <>
cc
Subject
[BIRDING-AUS] RFI Hobart

We plan to visit Hobart for a few days in early March and hope to fit in
some birding. We will be staying in Macquarie St.
We would welcome information on good birding places (of course we'd like
to see and -with luck- photograph the endemics - admittedly the only one
we've not seen before was the Yellow Wattlebird)
Are the Botanic Gardens worth visiting?
We hope to hire a car but notice that most hire firms ban all travel on
unmade roads, which doesn't sound helpful.

We would be very grateful for any advice.
Anthea Fleming