birding-aus

Swarovski vs Leica

To: "'Peter Waanders'" <>
Subject: Swarovski vs Leica
From: "Bruce Wedderburn" <>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 12:32:45 +1100

Peter,

I bought a pair of Swarovski 10x42EL early last year from binoculars.com which worked out 20% less than the best prices in Australia, this was after freight costs and import duties. The current price is US$1700 or A$2200. I had no problems with the importing and shipping – was able to track the movements of the binoculars via the web.  I found that there were very few outlets stocking Swarovski in Australia and the prices tended to be on the high side.

By the way these binoculars are excellent and are vastly superior to the previous Pentax and Bushnell ones I had. They are lighter, more compact, superior in poor light conditions, very clear with good colour definition, plus have a decent strap. On a trip through the Kimberley’s we compared these to an older version of Leica and the Swarovski was slightly better.

Regards,

Bruce