birding-aus

Updated Cowra Shire Birds Photo Galleries

To: <>
Subject: Updated Cowra Shire Birds Photo Galleries
From: Kevin Vang <>
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2004 13:17:18 +1100
Dear Bird Aus Readers

Wojciech and I have just updated our Cowra Bird Photo Galleries from the September trip and an extra side trip we made in early October.  We now have galleries for 36 Cowra species, roughly organised in taxonomic order.  We have about 20 more species still to process as well.

Updated highlights include:

  • Blue-billed Duck from the Swan Ponds at Hermes Winery.  Freckled and Musked Ducks were also there in October making it the only place we have ever seen Blue-bill, Freckled and Musk together on the same body of water at the same time.
  • Yellow-billed Spoonbill in action.
  • Nankeen Kestrel in flight.
  • Jacky Winter on nest.
  • Fan-tailed Cuckoo.
  • Mistletoe Bird.
  • Buff-rumped Thornbill—very good close ups of this hard to photograph bird that never sits still.
  • Yellow-rumped Thornbill.

To see the Galleries go to:

http://www.birdquest.net/

>From there you can get to the Cowra Galleries in one of two ways.  Click on either Highlights and Breaking News or click on Photo Galleries.  From these pages follow the links to the Cowra Galleries.