birding-aus

Matcham, Central Coast 23/11/04

Subject: Matcham, Central Coast 23/11/04
From: Michael Whitehead <>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 11:08:32 +1100 (EST)
Went out looking for an Emerald Dove (yet to see one) this morning at Matcham on the NSW Central Coast following up on a tip from Nevil Lazarus. Am still yet to see an Emerald Dove but a pretty good morning was had despite sporadic light showers and the overcast gloom of the morning. Tried out my little bird-whistle and got the attention of a juvenile Rufous Fantail (I think) who was very curious and approached within a couple of metres.

Species seen were:
Superb Fairy-wren
Veriegated Fairy-Wren
Yellow-tail Black Cockatoo