birding-aus

Goodish birds at Werribee Sewage Farm

To: "BIRDING-AUS" <>
Subject: Goodish birds at Werribee Sewage Farm
From: "Danny Rogers" <>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 19:55:00 +1100
Hi,

Ken Rogers and I spent a few hours at the Western Treatment Plant (south-west of Melbourne) today. We saw a few species we don't see much of at Werribee:

On one of the rocky spits north of Beach Road - A substantial wader flock feeding there on a low tide which didn't ebb very far. It included eleven Bar-tailed Godwits, one Red Knot and one Great Knot - every one of these birds a juvenile.

North Spit - Four Grey Plovers (all adults)

Lake Borrie Outlet - A Lewin's Rail ran across the track at about 4 pm.

All the usual Werribee birds were about too, making it an enjoyable day despite the windy conditions.

Danny Rogers