birding-aus

Re: Re: [BIRDING-AUS] Un-named Observers/Lysterfield Lake

Subject: Re: Re: [BIRDING-AUS] Un-named Observers/Lysterfield Lake
From: "Tim Bawden" <>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 23:04:36 +0000
I have been on this mailing list for a number of years now and only use this
email address for birding-aus and talking to a few friends. I have rarely, if
ever received a spam email to this account and take no special prevention
measures on this account. Other equivalent accounts which I subscribe to other
things are not nearly so fortunate... so i really dont think birding-aus
archives are a source of spam at this moment in time...

To bring this back on topic... Lysterfield Lake Park, SE of Melbourne is well
worth a visit at the moment. Tramped around there in very soggy conditions on
Saturday and saw around 50 species without trying too hard. Golden and Rufous
Whistlers are everywhere and in full voice... which makes it a plesant walk. On
the lake itself saw 3 Blue-billed ducks with very bright bills, a single male
musk duck motoring along and around a dozen great crested grebes. Other
highlights amongst bush birds were a number of Orioles heard and one seen,
Sacred Kingfisher, Fan-tailed cuckoos and a number of species feeding young,
including Spinebills, W-T treecreepers and various other honeyeaters.

Cheers
Tim