birding-aus

Birding in Southern Australia

To: <>
Subject: Birding in Southern Australia
From: "Alan Morris" <>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 10:43:29 +1100
Hi Birders,
I too would like to support David Geering in his comments about seasonal
conditions inland. Anyone who have read three of my recent trips reports for
South-west NSW would have seen that seasonal conditions are not that bird
for birds, what is missing for the waterbirds are the big lagoons and
wetlands along the inland rivers of the Murray, Murrumbidgee, Lachlan and
Macquarie Rivers. Howver in the Baradine/Coonabarabran District the smaller
wetlands have filled and there were waterbirds to see and the bushbirds and
grassland birds are having a great year there. During the twitchathon where
we started near Baradine, Robon Benson and I managed to find 98 species in
3.5 hours and that included Blue Bonnets, Grey-crowned & White-browed
Bablers, Turquoise parrots, Chestnut-rumped & Inland Thornbills, WW Trillers
& Hooded Robins, Masked & White-browed Woodswallows etc

Alan Morris