birding-aus

Re: Fw: [BIRDING-AUS] SELLING/EXPORTING REPTILIES,INSECTS,LIVE BIRDS & A

Subject: Re: Fw: [BIRDING-AUS] SELLING/EXPORTING REPTILIES,INSECTS,LIVE BIRDS & ANIMALS
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 12:42:55 +1000

Hi All,

This looks very much like an email that is sent to get email addresses for future spamming.

I'd just ignore it.

Peter

On Sun, Aug 22, 2004 at 12:56:23PM +1000, Gary Blond wrote:
>    Odds are that this is a business operating on illegal
>    trading/smuggling/trafficing of animals and birds.
>
>    Unless someone can tell me differently about the bona fides of the
>    operation, I will progress the matter re names and addresses listed
>    with Customs and AQIS for future alert action.

I also received this e-mail to my personal address so it may have been
sent very widely.  Its possible the person/company didn't know the e-mail
was going to Australia or know that Australia's laws prevent most live
animal imports.  There is nothing specific in the e-mail indicating
any intent to break Australian law or suggesting any likelihood of
this happening.

The annual value of the legal trade in wildlife is estimated to be in
the billions You may not like the live animal trade, neither do I, but
its more than possible that this person/company is operating entirely
legally - as they claim to be doing.

Andrew Taylor