birding-aus

SELLING/EXPORTING REPTILIES,INSECTS,LIVE BIRDS & ANIMALS

Subject: SELLING/EXPORTING REPTILIES,INSECTS,LIVE BIRDS & ANIMALS
From: Stephen Selden <>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 08:48:53 +1000 (EST)
A big thanks to Garry for following this up.  Whatever
the legalities are in Tanzania - they are certainly
problematic here.  Not only in relation to quaranteen
but also the risk posed by moving species around the
globe that could become invasive.  We all know we have
had enough of this.

In any case this company can be found on the internet
on the Trade Boss website and Trade India.

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=%22GAMAFA+TRADING%22&btnG=Search&meta=

- Stephen

Gary Blond <> wrote:To all

As stated in an earlier mail, I have replied to this
"person" indicating that he is no doubt involved in
illegal trafficing/smuggling of animals and birds.

I will be taking all necessary action to provide the
details he provided to Customs and Aust. Quarantine
asap.

As a result of this mail, I thought that it would be a
good idea to stress to birders that if future
approaches of this type are made to you or anyone that
you know, please do not hesitate to contact Australian
Customs Service on 1800 061 800 ( 24 hour line ) or
Australian Quarantine Service on 1800 020 504.

Sometimes a little bit of information can have large
results.

Cheers
Gary Blond  :>)