birding-aus

Mass breeding failures among northern seabirds

To: <>
Subject: Mass breeding failures among northern seabirds
From: "Tim Murphy" <>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 15:51:37 +1000
There is an ongoing discussion on solar cells and the rate of return of
energy (reasonable I think is the consensus, especially for amorphous
silicon) in http://groups.yahoo.com/group/energyresources/ This is a Yahoo
group concerned about energy resources and the end of oil.

Running on Empty  (I  am not currently a member as it seems a bit too
survivalist) and Running on Empty - OZ.(
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/roeoz/) .

They are all very interesting reading and the future (the near future even)
looks very bleak. The only consolation, if consolation it be, is that there
is at least chance that mankind will top off the extinctions we are
currently causing, by topping our own species.

I lived in Canada for some year and as one walked though the Canadian forest
I always used to be amazed to think that 10,000 years back I would have been
under a mile of ice. In the same way, I know that life will survive.

Best regards

Tim Murphy