birding-aus

Mass breeding failures among northern seabirds

To: "Dave Torr" <>
Subject: Mass breeding failures among northern seabirds
From: "Ricki Coughlan" <>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 15:39:43 +1000
Hi David

Don't be fooled by that stuff. It's not true that it takes more energy to
produce a solar panel than it can ever return, especially when economies of
scale are factored in. These kind of specious arguments are always put out
there by foolish naysayers, anti greens and other neo-cons who wish the
temporary bucks to keep flowing into their lives at all costs. We hear the
same nonsense arguments from the plastic shopping bag brigade, like; "where
will I put my garbage." or, "Growing all that cotton for making callico bags
costs water.", or, "where will I put my disposable nappies if I don't have
an old plastic shopping bag?".....Really!

Yes, our society has become structured around the use of motor vehicles and
everyone is extolled of the virtues of endless consumerism based on
uncontrolled greed and superficial, falsely generated "needs". So, we are
going to have to make voluntary change immediately or we will be forced to
and it will be painful.

The whole global warming disaster surely must be the greatest concern before
all life on earth and yet our so-called leaders care not a jot for the issue
and instead pick petty fights with one another and urge us all on to greater
greed as if there's no tomorrow. Grrrrrr.

Regards - Ricki