birding-aus

RFI Hamilton Island

To: <>, "Birding Aus" <>
Subject: RFI Hamilton Island
From: "Tim Murphy" <>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 08:07:56 +1000
It is a pleasant enough place but not where I would go to see birds. I was there for a few days 10 years ago in August. There is a small pond, as I remember it, near the airport and a quiet sandy point to the north.

My list, for what it is worth, was:

Australasian Grebe  T. novaehollandiae
Pacific Black Duck  A. superciliosa
White-eyed Duck  A. australis
White-faced Heron  E. novaehollandiae
Pacific Reef-Egret  E. sacra
Osprey  P. haliaetus
Australian Kestrel  F. cenchroides
Purple Swamphen  P. porphyrio
Dusky Moorhen  G. tenebrosa
Pied Oystercatcher  H. longirostris
Silver Gull  L. novaehollandiae
Sulphur-crested Cockatoo  C. galerita
Rainbow Lorikeet  T. haematodus
Shining Bronze-Cuckoo  C. lucidus
Laughing Kookaburra  D. novaeguineae
Sacred Kingfisher  T. sanctus
Rainbow Bee-eater  M. ornatus
Helmeted Friarbird  P. buceroides
Spectacled Monarch  M. trivirgatus
Leaden Flycatcher  M. rubecula
White-breasted Woodswallow  A. leucorynchus
Pied Currawong  S. graculina
Black-faced Cuckoo-shrike  C. novaehollandiae
Welcome Swallow  H. neoxena
Mistletoebird  D. hirundinaceum

Best regards

Tim Murphy