birding-aus

Search for Bell Miner Colonies near Melbourne

To: <>
Subject: Search for Bell Miner Colonies near Melbourne
From: "Paul McDonald" <>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 13:15:50 +1000

Dear All,

As part of a research program examining, amongst other things, habitat use and signalling in bell miners, our research group is looking to find as many colonies as possible in and around La Trobe University at Bundoora, Victoria and nearby regions. Previously our study sites have been in and around Healesville, however we are hoping to find closer colonies with friendly landholders happy to let us monitor the birds for the next 3 years.

If you have a colony on your property in this area, or know of a colony on public/national park land, than please get in touch with me on the contact details below.

Happy birding,

Paul

Dr Paul G. McDonald

Visiting Fellow

Department of Zoology

La Trobe University

Bundoora, Victoria

Australia 3083

Ph:  03 9479 1876 (International replace 03 with +613)

Fax: 03 9479 1551