birding-aus

Friarbirds? Noisy miners?

To: "Gary Blond" <>, <>
Subject: Friarbirds? Noisy miners?
From: "Colin Driscoll" <>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 21:33:51 +1000
I can tell you where all the NFB have gone- to the Swamp Mahogany blossom on
the Central and Lower North coast of NSW. I was at Pindimar near Tea Gardens
last week and the birds were in huge numbers on the blossom- Noisy
Friarbirds, Red Wattlebirds, Little Wattlebirds, Musk Lorikeets, Little
Lorikeets, Scaly Breasts, Rainbow and they were as loud as the cicadas on a
summer day. No Swift Parrots or Regent HE unfortunately.

As for Noisy Miners- make the bush more closed! Once the vegetation opens up
they take over unfortunately.

Cheers

Colin Driscoll