birding-aus

Black-necked Stork research

To: <>
Subject: Black-necked Stork research
From: "Greg Clancy" <>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 16:03:48 +1100
Hi all,

I am currently researching the Black-necked Stork towards a PhD at the University of New England/National Marine Science Centre.  I am interested in all aspects of the species but I am very keen to clearly define its distribution and status in New South Wales.  I have obtained a large amount of information from various sources, in addition to my own data, however I would like to hear from people who know of the whereabouts of nests or regular pairs of storks in the state.

I would be interested in opinions on why the storks are black and white and why the female has a yellow eye?  Any ideas?  I have a few of my own but would like to get other ideas.

Regards

Greg Clancy
PO Box 63
Coutts Crossing