birding-aus

Reeve at Murrarie,SEQ

To: "birding-aus" <>
Subject: Reeve at Murrarie,SEQ
From: "The Dam Lamb Service Clan" <>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 21:08:40 +1100
This posting was intended for the night of Mon. Dec 8th, until the combination of a failed power source and the dreaded sven virus put me out of action for 10 days.
        I was very pleased to locate the reeve on the arvo of the 8/12 after an hours search. There was no longer any mud on themargins of the pond where Colin Reid and others first found the bird, heavy rains having raised the level of the pond. I found the reeve about 200m north, on the waters edge, just near the bridge forming part of the Port of Brisbane Motorway. First spied a couple of sharpies, then scoped the edge and low vegetation, and there it was. Had good, close (30m) views for 30 mins of its back, then front, then left, then right, then with a sharpie standing beside to complete the show. It then sat down, disappearing from view, leaving me one happy birder( and feeling sorry for Bob Robbie who was also there but left before the reeve was found)

       Have any other birders seen the bird since the 8th?

     Russ Lamb, Maleny, SEQ