birding-aus

Return of "Another visitor looking for birds"

To: <>
Subject: Return of "Another visitor looking for birds"
From: "Andrew and Nicola Sinclair" <>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 05:23:59 -0000
Thanks to all of you who very kindly replied to my e mail of some weeks ago.
You must have wondered why I did not reply! My PC has sadly been very
non-PC. A major problem lead to a major rebuild of it and, to cut a very
long story short, I lost everyone's e mails (and a lot of my patience)
before I could reply to them.

To briefly recap, coming to Oz after a stopover in Singapore on the 30th
March. We will be driving from Sydney to Cairns (I know, a long way but we
are kinda used to it on holidays!) over the following four weeks. We are
looking to see as many species as we can!! I am especially interested in sea
birds, waders, waterbirds, wildfowl. We are looking for ideas other than
what the books say. Places we must stop and visit. Places to be avoided at
that time of year. Where to go for key species (I really want to catch up
with Shelduck of both types and ANY seabirds)). We are also very keen on
bird photography - local clubs are already trying to book slideshows before
seeing the results!!

We would love to hear from you and hear your suggestions that will make a
special trip that much more special.

This time I will reply!

Best wishes

Birding-Aus is now on the Web at