birding-aus

Re: Fw: [BIRDING-AUS] IT IS imperative we feed wild animals

To: Andrew Stafford <>
Subject: Re: Fw: [BIRDING-AUS] IT IS imperative we feed wild animals
From: Penn Gwynne <>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 01:38:38 -0700 (PDT)
Andrew I have set my gardens out, the many that I have owned to feed and accomodate Australia's smallest bird.

By the way, they, as you refer to them, are thriving due to more then just little ole me feeding them. How are you going to police this? get real and get out of your smoke and smog filled city where everything has been changed or will be soon.

Hey look your olde gang is here again, bring them on in this time I say ... looks like I've got the whole bunch of threatening people here now.

Andrew Stafford <> wrote:

Further to Hugo's note, isn't it also true that the non-threatened species that often flock to bird feeders (and, as Hugo has also pointed out, have actually benefited from Europeans' modifications to habitat - Rainbow Lorikeets, Silver Gulls and Magpies included) are bullies which drive out smaller and more timid birds, especially as they increase in local abundance partially as a result of additional/artificial food sources?

Hmm you could be surmising incorrect once again Andrew? unless you know how many Rainbow Lorikeets we had before the white man invasion? come on mate share that data .....

John, may I ask what species are you attracting to your garden?

This aged fellow is now living in rental property. Similar to housing ministry flats where they let old folk die due to severe lack of maintenance. What a truly caring land this is eh? nearly as caring as some so called birding officiando's eh?

Cheers, AS

Toodlepip Andrew I'll be back in five days time fully armed with all the literally material I need to take on the lot of you, blessed are olde books and old folk.

Do you Yahoo!?