birding-aus

More info on Cairns birdwatching please

To: Arron Davies <>
Subject: More info on Cairns birdwatching please
From: knightl <>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 20:56:01 +1000
Make sure you pack some mossie repellent - there is a major dengue fever outbreak in Cairns at the moment.

LK

On Thursday, March 13, 2003, at 04:53  PM, Arron Davies wrote:

Hi folks. I have booked a flight to Cairns for next
week, and am wanting a little more information on
birds in the Cairns area. I expect to travel the
region from Innisfail to the Daintree - probably
including Kingfisher Park. However my efforts to find
a web site on birding around Cairns seem to have drawn
a blank. There are plenty of sites about commercial
tours and guides, but nothing for someone with a hire
car wanting do it himself but keen to get the best out
of limited time. Is there a web site I have overlooked
? Failing that, is someone prepared to give me
pointers to local sites ? For example, is there
another good spot for waders besides Cairns esplanade
- perhaps further afield ?