birding-aus

SWIFTS

To: <>
Subject: SWIFTS
From: "Lynn Jenkin" <>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 10:39:16 +1100
Hi Mike & Swift fans

At 9.30 A.M. today I watched about 30 White-throated Needletails soaring around our place.

They stayed for around half an hour.

Weather Conditions

27 degrees
around 30% cloud cover and humid
Very light south-easterly breeze

Lighting was very good and the sun was shining off their backs giving a silvery appearance.
The contrast between brown and black was also clearly visible with the sun shining .

Cheers

Dick Jenkin
DUNGOG NSW