birding-aus

RFI BRISBANE

To: "Lynn Jenkin" <>
Subject: RFI BRISBANE
From: "Birding Services Brisbane" <>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 09:36:54 +1000
Hi Dick

Sorry no Collared Kingfisher or Mangrove HE near Sherwood.  No Atlas records at all from that area.  Both are quite possible at Wynnum but I still favour Tinchi Tamba.  Directions for Wynnum boardwalk from airport.
Take Gateway motorway and after the Bridge take Wynnum Rd exit head down Wynnum Rd (east) and follow it left after a couple of km (Manly Rd goes straight ahead). Stick with Wynnum Rd and it will become Glenora Street as you cross the railway line.  Continue up Glenora until you reach Granada Street - turn left.  At the end Elanora Park is on the left.  Take the road through the park until it ends and the boardwalk is there.

I have had no recent reports of the Little Bittern form Sherwood and there will probably be little exposed mud as we have had good rain.

Best of luck!!!

Cheers

Roy