birding-aus

Birding Questionaires

Subject: Birding Questionaires
From: "Peter Ewin" <>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 14:55:41 +1100
Afternoon all,
A recent e-mail to Birding-Aus mentioned a survey being conducted by Ronda Green at Griffith University that was looking at getting information from bird-watchers. After not being particularly well clarified I contacted Ronda directly, and got additional details. Her response was as follows:

Yes, I am looking for folk willing to fill in questionnaires. Darryl Jones and myself are conductng, through the CRC for Sustainable Tourism, a nationwide surevy on birdwatching tourism in Australia - what do bird-watchers do? what do they want? what are their attitudes? how can different kinds of bird-watchers be meaningfully grouped and how do their needs differ? - to assist the tourism industry, interprtive centres and conservation managers in sustainably providing for this diverse group of domestic and international travellers. There are two main questionnaires - one for birdwatchers (whether twitchers or occasional bird-watchers) and one for guides.

Apparently a few people replied directly, but I said I would repost info on Birding-Aus for anyone else that was interested. If so, contact Ronda directly on the address above.

Apparently a few people did respond directly and there have been a couple of minor changes made to the survey as follows:

Could you please ask if anyone has received one of these incorrect versions if they could alter the first question to read "I prefer a birdwalk to last less than one hour", with the usual reponse boxes of agree, disagree etc. and if they lose or run out of reply-paid envelopes to please post it to Ronda Green, AES, ENS, Griffith University, Nathan Qld 4111

Hope this clears things up.
Cheers,
Peter