birding-aus

Winmalee 4 January 2002

To: "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: Winmalee 4 January 2002
From: "Irene" <>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 16:07:37 +1100
Robin Murray and I wandered along the Blue Gum Swamp walk at Winmalee (eastern
end of the Blue Mountains) yesterday.

Above the deafening and extended cicada song, we saw:

Yellow-tailed Black-Cockatoo chomping on banksia cobs
Australian Ravens - could BARELY hear them above the cicada song
White-throated Treecreeper
Rufous Fantail
Eastern Yellow Robin - 1 adult and 2 dark/speckled, non-yellow immatures
Noisy Friarbird

A Yellow-faced Whip Snake on the track did not move until we were literally on
top of it.

Lizards were a delight, with Eastern Water Skink (Eulamprus quoyii) everywhere
soaking up the sun, a fantastic copper colour
on their backs.

Cheers and Happy Times with Nature

Irene Denton
Concord West, 12 km from Sydney city, NSW Australia
S 33°50.278'  E 151°05.406'