birding-aus

happy new year from the Hawkesbury

To: "birdingaus" <>
Subject: happy new year from the Hawkesbury
From: "Keith Brandwood" <>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 15:34:47 +1100
Hello all, Last year was a great year in the Hawkesbury no lifer,s, but had a good run of rarities for this area starting with numerous Pectorals, then a Wood Sand Piper, Ruff came next which was still showing well at Bushells this morning, then we had 5 Little Curlews, followed by a crippler in the form of a Buff-breasted Sand Piper, and to finish the year a pair of Yellow Wagtails, who could ask for more.
A couple of mins before I sent this, a pair of Square-tailed Kites in magnificent plumage with the sun back lighting the wings were circling over the house.  The barred primaries with the cream crescent at the base of the primaries standing out like a diamond,

HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR TO EVERY ONE from the magnificent Hawkesbury 55kmN/W of Sydney.

keith