birding-aus

Spam

To: "Andrew Taylor" <>, <>, <>
Subject: Spam
From: "Birds of Perth" <>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 18:07:14 +0800
Andrew .. Have I really made 33 messages on this messageboard? Wow! I hope
all of which were bird related then. *he he* I read a lot of the messages
posted and I find the amount of personal material very low compared to the
majority of other messagebords available on the internet or via email. If
you find this to be an issue maybe there should be a dedicated thread to
off-topic conversation .. ie "Birding-Aus OFF TOPIC" and people may post
their conversation within this thread. I assume that the majority of the
off-topic conversation takes place in private. I agree with Peter's points
in the "OK you lot" thread .. this is the internet and spam ect is to be
expected. And that the beauty of that is that things are much easier to
ignore if you are not interested.

Just so you know, even though this is a public messagebord, some people may
not like the fact that their email addresses have been publically listed
without their consent. There have been legal problems that have arised from
similar situations on other messagebords and I wouldn't like the same to
happen here. I'll post this pubically because of the suggestion of the
off-topic thread & I hope that no one leaves this mesageboard because of
such silly little things ...

ta,

Claire