birding-aus

Brisbane - southside

Subject: Brisbane - southside
From: REID Colin <>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 08:16:23 +1000
Hi all
        FTWMI - Musk Duck and Cotton pygmy Goose still at Tingalpa (Sunday
13.10) as described previously. Also - if anyone is around the Minnippi
parklands area would they take a look at the ducks, please? There is an
individual that closely resembles an Australian Shelduck - I think it's
probably a cross breed of some type.... but then again? The bird is on the
main pond - whereas the 'farm-type' ducks (and there are about half a dozen)
usually hang out in the smaller lake and on the island. This may be because
the lily pads have completely covered the smaller lake and it doesn't like
them.... I don't remember seeing this bird before, but then again, don't
usually pay much attention to the obvious domestic type ducks - and with the
drought etc one never really knows. I didn't take any notes - it was only
later my memory kept pushing me to check and it certainly has most of the
chacteristics.....
        I'd appreciate a second/third etc opinion, especially some of more
experience.

> Colin Reid
        mob - 0412 522 962
        Email:

This email message (including any file attachments transmitted with it)
confidential and legally privileged information. Any unauthorised
review, use, alteration, disclosure or distribution of this email
(including any attachments) by an unintended recipient is prohibited.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by
return email and destroy all copies of the original message.
Any confidential or legal professional privilege is not waived
or lost by any mistaken delivery of the email.
ENERGEX accepts no responsibility for the content of any email
which is sent by an employee which is of a personal nature.