birding-aus

Long-toed Stint at Mount Isa

To: "Birding Aus Messages" <>
Subject: Long-toed Stint at Mount Isa
From: "Bob Forsyth" <>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 00:23:48 +1000
g'day all,

On 7/10/2002 I reported several dozen Red-necked Stint at Lake Moondarra
Well that could still be true, but I picked up my photos today and two photos of one bird clearly showed the long toes of a Long-toed Stint
This bird was several metres inland from the shore whereas all the other birds were at the edge or just in the water. One photo had the bird obligingly lifting its foot to scratch its beak !
The L-t S has been described as an irregular migrant to this area.

This supports Julie Lynn McLaren's possible Long-toed Stints near Cunnamulla, SW Qld last week.

I used my Leica scope + a 2x adaptor to give me a 1600mm lens (i.e. 32x)

Regards, Bob Forsyth, Mount Isa, NW Qld.