birding-aus

Strange Parrot

To: <>
Subject: Strange Parrot
From: "Joy Tansey" <>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 21:36:18 +1000
Whilst bemoaning a Saturday spent writing a submission and having sent Alan
Grennon off birding with someone else, saw something odd across the road in
the development sight. Out with the binoculars, then the scope came out,
right in the middle of Kensington. The bird was absolutely stunning, green
all over, yellow under the very long thin tail, red bill and a black line
around the neck, fading to the back, and through the eyes. A look in every
book I could get my hands on eventually located the Ring-necked Parakeet in
the Jonsson 'Birds of Europe'.  This is my best bet, certainly it was one of
the ring-neck family. A beautiful bird.

Joy Tansey
Kensington Vic