birding-aus

bird lists and endemics

Subject: bird lists and endemics
From: John Boyce <>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 15:09:09 +1000
Hi everyone,
Recently someone (Richard Nowotny I think) asked about web sites with
lists of endemics for Australia. I gave him a list that I had but have
recently found an excellent site with hundreds of birdlists for areas
around the world which has endemics noted as well as introduced species
and those globally threatened. As an added treat for those interested in
the vaguaries of taxonomy you can see the lists in various taxonomies
(IE sibley and monroe, howard and moore, clements, AOU).
The site is
http://www.bsc-eoc.org/links/checklist.jsp?region=index&list=null
Hope some of you find it interesting. The site also has lots of stuff
other than bird lists.
John
--
John Boyce