birding-aus

RFI Broken Hill-Tiboburra

Subject: RFI Broken Hill-Tiboburra
From: Chris Ross <>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 22:09:00 +1000
Hi All, I am considering a trip to Outback NSW in July (school hols).  I
am looking at Sturt NP, Mootwingee, Menindee lakes, Mungo NP among other
places.  The other choice would be to wait until October.  Not having
been there before, I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice
on the relative merits of visiting in July or October;  In regard to
bird abundance, breeding activity(males in breeding plumage yet?) and
expected weather, particularly if it would be getting a bit too hot in
October or not.  (I know July will be COLD at night)  I will have the
family with me, so I am basically stuck with school holiday times.  Any
advice appreciated.  you can reply direct to me.