birding-aus

Banded Brown Falcon Werribee 23 May 2002

To: <>
Subject: Banded Brown Falcon Werribee 23 May 2002
From: "Irene" <>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 17:55:11 +1000
Hi Paul

The bird definitely only had the one blue band on left leg.  Whilst not
licenced as a bander, I've done enough related work
(Gould's Petrel Conservation Program) to know the importance of checking both
legs and that there can be multiple bands and
combinations over both legs.

Werribee certainly had plenty of long grasses in various places (which
grasshoppers might like) plus the cleared cattle
paddocks.  There had obviously been some rain in recent weeks.  Very nice to
hear that this bird is last year's hatching.

Cheers
Irene Denton
Concord West, 12 km from Sydney city, NSW Australia
33°50.278'S  151°05.406'E

Newsletter Editor,  NSW Bird Atlassers

Preferred email address for NSW BA Newsletter correspondence: