birding-aus

Great news from the Gold Coast!

To: "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: Great news from the Gold Coast!
From: "Terry Pacey" <>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 19:18:45 +1000
The Painted Snipe chicks are still there or there is another brood.  Four
downy chicks in their striped pattern were seen this afternoon being tended
by a FEMALE.  This is the fourth sighting of a female looking after the
chicks.

Does anyone out there know at what age the chicks fledge.  HANZAB states
that it is unknown.  If we knew, it might allow us to decide whether there
is a new brood or not.  One of the older brood is now flying with dad while
his/her siblings wait in the grass.

Three adult females seen today.

Thanks all those who have reported their sightings.  Would anyone who has
visited the site and not forwarded their report please do so before Thursday
morning as we need accurate accounts to make sure the site is fully
protected.

Cheers from a very excited

Terry Pacey