birding-aus

Birding in Tasmania (and some mammals)

To: "Birding-aus" <>
Subject: Birding in Tasmania (and some mammals)
From: "Robert Read" <>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 22:52:59 +0930
Scott,

Your analysis is correct.

Despite I urge all birding-aus'ers to write to their Federal MPs asking for
urgent Federal assistance with this problem.  Pass on the message to your
whole address book.  For the reasons Scott has outlined I am not very
optimistic, but there is just a chance that even some token Federal spending
on this, unfavorable weather for breeding foxes and good luck might allow
the foxes to be eradicated.

The choice we have now is whether to sit wringing our hands or least make an
attempt at sending letters to MP's to convince them that there might be some
votes in it.  Mention the economic value of  Tasmania's fox undevasted
wildlife.

Robert Read
Alice Springs

Scott O'Keeffe wrote