birding-aus

Foxes in Tasmania

To: "Peter Waanders" <>, <>
Subject: Foxes in Tasmania
From: "Simon Mustoe" <>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 18:45:06 +1100
I understand from word of mouth that the government decided to offer $50,000 to anyone who could bag a fox for conservation. Hardly surprising then that a few enterprising bounty hunters have teamed up with some fishermen and imported a few. I would have thought however that it would be sensible to shoot them first before releasing them into the wild.

As a consultant ecologist with considerable experience of foxes in the UK I reckon I can track them pretty well. Anyone fancy teaming up and making a few grand?!! Only joking - If it is true, how long can the government maintain this ridiculous incentive. I ask you, who on earth decided that this would work?

Simon.

Simon Mustoe - Principal

AES Applied Ecology Solutions Pty Ltd.
59 Joan Avenue
Ferntree Gully
Melbourne
Victoria 3156
AUSTRALIA

Telephone 03 9762 2616
International Telephone +61 (0) 3 9762 2616
Mobile 0405 220830
Email
Website www.onthe.net.au/ecologysolutions