birding-aus

A pleasant Saturday afternoon

To: "Birding-Aus" <>
Subject: A pleasant Saturday afternoon
From: "David Cameron" <>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 20:39:48 +1000
Hi folks,

I spent a very pleasant couple of hours today with a friend exploring the bush in the southern Grampians. Our intention was to find the Painted Honeyeaters that Robert Drummond reported last week. Unfortunately we didn't see any, but we did see quite a number of other species. A special moment was watching a male Sacred Kingfisher calling. We watched him for a good five minutes before he flew off.
Other species sighted were:
Shining Bronze Cuckoo ( juv.)
Rufous Whistler
White-winger Triller